PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 - Governor Goes mental
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 09:57
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evil Twin
I think you should solemnly thank your examiner for suiting you to the improbable in later life. not only in robinsons do you have the problem of governor control failing; there have been a few threads on B206 fuel control units in the same vein. and other threads testify to similar problems on more complex machinery, all of which would be much easier handled by a pilot that was exposed as you were if not much more to your redundancy training.

My point is that we seem to be accumulatiung a long list of skills that newbie pilots are NOT trained in.

Like; the above; like not recoginsing VRS and how to recover from it; like not being able to safely establish hover OGE well away from fixed visual cues in VMC; like not being able to land the machine when both fuel tanks or only the one fuel tank was filled with defect fuel and the engine /engines later quit; The list goes on.

where are we going with all this? certainly to a head first credibility crash as number one. I.E. destroying the image of the helicopter as a good vehicle in the public's eyes.

I believe that the OZ training establishments received a brand new training manual recently. It would be interesting to hear if any of regular instructors could tell us that I am wrong.
tet