PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye Macs. Sigh.......
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 09:22
stagger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my experience many committed Mac users seem to get some sort of perverse pleasure from sharing stories of faults with each other and visiting Apple stores to get things fixed - it gives them an excuse to hang out with fellow Mac users.

Example...

I introduced one Mac user friend to another - he looked at the other guy's Macbook and said "Oh, my display hinge broke in just the same way as yours....." and they launched into a long conversation about the various faults they'd encountered and how they got them fixed. It was all very cheerful - they weren't moaning - it seemed like some sort of weird bonding process based on shared experiences.

One of these guys, whenever he comes to visit, invariably gets excited and makes a big deal about having to go to the Apple store to get something fixed. He actually seems to be pleased to have an excuse to go there.

In fact, every Mac user I know has needed to go to the Apple store to get something fixed on at least one occasion. And they don’t seem to resent it all that much.

There's something very strange going on with this brand.