PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 needs BALPA? 2nd attempt!
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 08:39
CAT1 REVERSION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK,

In light of recent developments at Jet2.com, lets put together a census. Is there someone with the technical know-how who can start a thread with one of those POLL things for Jet2 guys entitled something like "JET2 PILOT? ARE YOU A BALPA MEMBER?"

Then a few options like:

a.) Yes I am a BALPA member
b.) No I am not a BALPA member, but would consider joining
c.) No don't believe in Unions
d.) Member of another Pilot Union

Main reason for this, it would seem that Jet2 Pilots are too scared of starting such a thread on their company website which is not anonymous. in fear of backlashes from "da management".....

I know there will be a few spoils as it were, but if they can gauge out of the 300ish pilots who are BALPA members, then, just maybe someone will have the bottle to stand up and be counted!

There seems to be lots of guys unhappy with the degradation of some terms and conditions (let alone some of the few perks still left) at Jet2, but ALWAYS the attitude of "we are SORRY for asking", or "not wanting to upset the management". Do you think for one minute when a decision to charge staff for luggage when travelling staff travel "da management" even consider if they are upsetting their staff.....No I don't think so.

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, IT IS THE ONLY WAY MANAGEMENT WILL BARGAIN WITH YOU. THE CC ARE DOING THEIR BEST, BUT THEY WILL NEVER HAVE AS MUCH CLOUT AS BALPA!

See thread above and what Monarch Pilots have recently achieved with BALPA.

In the mean time, JOIN BALPA!