PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A330-300 Door - rumour....
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2007, 04:01
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 18-Wheeler
That does not address my statement.
You said "Mr Boeing knows how to build them tough enough for the real world.", all you have shown in the real world, more failures occur on a Boeing, and in the real world, Mr Boeing has no control over how people operate or damage aircraft they have designed.
Mr Boeing is not better or worse than anything else, even in the real world. As domo posted, doors come off Boeing's as well.
Originally Posted by 18-Wheeler
Others may have heard differently, but I have not.
Trying to cement your argument with heresay is useless. Look at dispatch rates, utilisation rates, accidents, orders, and what airframes are being placed in the desert.
Mr Boeing is not better or worse than anything else, even in the real world. If they were better, you could measure it in some objective way.
My best friends uncles cousins who is a friend of an engineer style comments are useless, it is not an objective measure. The markets is polarised, both Airbus and Boeing receive about 50% of the orders for jets above 100 seats each year, if Boeing's were so much better, you would see the market voting with its feet.
Your original comments were nothing more than naive flag waving. You have never operated anything but a Boeing, and as far as I am aware, never worked for an airline with enough of each types to make a valid comparison on hard data.