PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the options for a FAA CFI with 700 Hours in ASIA
Old 9th Nov 2007, 20:49
Airplane Crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a friend that worked there and in two months he basicly ran for his life. He had the same situation that I'm about to be in. Last I talked to him, his advise was unless you find a way to get couple thousand hours before leaving US than forget aviation.
Unfortunately he is no longer alive. He went back home. Couldn't fly as he didn't meet the non sense Asian medical reqirements. Thats the same issue he had in Chininese Panam. Couldn't handle taking crap from his family all the time for persuing this career. About a year ago he was found dead at his parents home for unknown reason, which I personally have no dubt was a suicide. Was a great guy. Really loved flying and always worked really hard for it. Did every thing he should do, never complained about anything and as soon as his visa expired the poor guys life just went to ****. He was definitely one of those guys any airline would would have been lucky to have.

Last edited by Airplane Crazy; 10th Nov 2007 at 01:51.