PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian to FAA
Thread: Canadian to FAA
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2007, 20:41
pilotcirwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian to FAA

Hi there,

I'm currently a Canadian Commercial Pilot with multi-engine and will have multi-IFR shortly. I'm wishing to convert to get a FAA License.

The steps I have found are first to send the Verification of Authenticity Form to the "Federal Aviation Administration Airmen Certification Brach" (big mouth full) to Oklahoma. It's the AC 8060-70 Form.

Once I get the confirmation letter back from them I need to write the Airlaw and communications exam. I live in Canada, Victoria/Vancouver area and wonder where I can go to write this exam or if I have to travel to the states to write it? Do I need to write two exams to convert my commercial as well as my IFR? or are they the same Airlaw and communications exams? I also need to get a minimum of a US, Class 2 Medical or preferably a US, Class1

After the exams are complete I belive I have to travel to Seatle FSDO to get my temporary license untill I recive the real one in the mail shortly after.

It has taken over two days for me to get this information, and would greatly appreciate anyone elses help with the conversion. I have also taken a look at the 8000.364 Notice from FAA which sort of explains the steps.

Hope this helps others and please leave your comments.