PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2007, 19:55
Mick Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am TOTALLY against helping the media like this because they do nothing constructive with the matter
Why precisely do you think you are having this discussion Al? You say you are sick of the wers who leak this material. You say you wouldnt involve the media. The tragic reality of a society that has been taught by the politicians to look for continual tax cuts is that only people risking their careers to get the media involved has any hope of alerting the public to the issue, thereby putting pressure on the politicians.

Do you seriously think this is an issue the public shouldnt know about? As for Amy fing Whitehouse, I frankly wouldnt know how to write about her, I barely know who she is. You want to take out a petition to get the media to concentrate on serious subjects like this, and ignore Amy fing Whitehouse I will sign it a million times and back it all the way but sadly it wont make a jot of difference.

Take a look on the newspaper websites at the most popular pages, a sex murder in Italy and the McCanns. Were I you, I would just be grateful that people were prepared to alert the media and a few - far too few - parts of the media responded, so there could be a proper discussion of why we are putting the lives of our forces needlessly at risk.

Rant over, sorry but I've sat back and heard enough whining about the media, usually for so-called speculation when in fact the vast majority has been legitimate and accurate reporting of official reports written by the RAF or in the most recent case by QinetiQ, a large proportion of which has not actually been leaked but obtained as a result of perfectly legitimate freedom of information requests.