PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most embarrassing thing to happen to you inflight...
Old 9th Nov 2007, 16:23
hawaiianhosty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was working as a hosty for Qatar airways and as they hate to see us all having a good time, the only thing to keep us sane were the lovely ozzies/south african helicopter piolt/oil rig workers and their infamous house parties with vodka on tap. Well, i didn't wanna be rude and call it an early night so I stayed up drinking til 6 in the morning, I had to fly to khartoum at 10am!!!! I didn't sleep, had the shakes and stuck my fingers down my throat before the minbus came to pick me up pre flight. i felt totally ****e. I manged to survive the outbound flight but as we were landing into Khartoum which seemd like a lifetime, swaying and circling, i was strapped into my jumpseat at R3 on the old A300 facing a lovely looking arabic woman who was concerned...I looked at her, she at me, i gagged, looked out the window, scurried around me to find a sick bag, scurried behind me to look, couldn't move, everyone was facing me as i was aft facing jumpseat...I though holy **** im gonna puke all over the uniform and the lady in front..i mimicked that i was gonna be sick and low and behold the kind lady grabbed her sick bag and i puked so much into the bag..then wiped it off with the tissue she gave me AND she took the full bag off me when we landed so i could do the landing announcement, (prefer brits to do the english announcement so that was me then !) god i never drank and flew again!