PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any UK airfield without GA maintenance
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2007, 14:05
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
toolboxstickers,

If you have the desire to start your own maintenance facility (that means no freelancing from the boot of your car), then let me be the first to wish you well on your venture.

I made the same decision three and a half years ago. Nothing to Part 145 made easy by VERY helpful CAA local regional office. They will bend over backwards to help someone start, especially if you have integrety and motivation. After all, it is more income for their coffers, and, far more seriously, it helps keep them employed.

Don't worry about spending money advertising. Word of mouth is good enough. After all, it is a very small world. There are enough aircraft out there to keep you busy. I more than trebeled my customer base inside 18 months (started with 6 singles, now have three corporate twins and a Citation as well as a couple of private twins and a lot of singles. One of the corporate twins is foriegn registered and operated).

And, just as importantly, don't let any negative posts put you off. There are more changes coming, but they will affect everyone equally.

Good luck and the best of British to you.

Feel free to PM me.

camlobe