PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF pilots leaving
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2007, 11:44
ozbiggles

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts
For the same reasons as RM, I too have left(leaving) for a LCC....or is that NWC now?
Anyway I digress.
I love the Airforce, what it does and (most) of the people in it. So much so in a lot of ways I have been looking for an excuse to stay.
But I have to agree with some of the new points raised here. I don't believe those who make the d's give a toss at the loss rate now (they probably will soon but as before it will be too late). Why?
Well a prime example at the moment is the EOIs for pilots that have been recently released for the AEW&C and C17 QFI. Both designed to exclude people at the end of ROSO. Either of these jobs would be enough to make me stay but I and anyone else at end of ROSO is excluded. I'm guessing becuase they have plenty of ground jobs for the likes of me to fill. I'm not saying I'd get the job at all, however apparently I'm too experienced now to even put my hat in the ring.
As for QFIs the civiy/reserve thing might work for BFTS but guys love going back to 2FTS for pilots course without the stess. Its actually a 2 year move/posting that helps retention and becoming a QFI does a lot of good for a trash haulers skills. If they took that posting away it would only result in having lots of FLTLTs for ground jobs!