PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 Down on Melbourne Beach
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2007, 11:21
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Nick has expalined the sequence much better than I, and I'll go with that. No one need get a siver star for working out that she "froze" on the throttle. That was bleeding obvious, along with the xmit button.

Crab mentioned that there should be covering sequences in the CPL syllabus.

I think we can go better.

Let me say that the 'esse' of helicopter flying is - departing from a hover into forward flight and arriving at a hover.

That is regardless as to whether we carry internal, external or nowt load.

It must make sense that every student - "every student"- phl or chl has the capacity to arrive at a hover at each of the only two basic requirements.

I.E. 1) with close visual cues in or out of ground effect. or
2) with minimal visual cues OGE.

In my case I was told, "yer wanta watch it when yer don't have much too look at" or, if "you are on a flat surface of water".

Neither was the more difficult situations ever demonstrated to me, nor was I required to demonstrate proficiency in the skill.

It is about time that it was included in all syllabi, and I suggest that it should be done prior to solo nav-ex.

I suspect that nearly all contributors here got the same sterling advice and they are still around to proffer advice.

And by the way, if you ever flew '47J's or KH4's with pax that fart, you will know a lot about "fresh beautiful clean air."
tet