PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tyrolean selection
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2007, 09:21
dartagnan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
answer:

it is 74 ans W.

just close your eyes, and use your imagination.I answered many questions like this (when I saw than trying to calculate mentally will take more time than I had left) and I passed , this is why I think these tests are BS specially when you look at the pass rate of 1-10% and with experienced pilots.

The "doctor" told us, few of us will pass and it could be 1 or 2 only. Then he even did his little advertisement that if we were interested we could do more tests or pass the words to our friends but of course we have to pay.

As long you don't pay anything, I would say go and see by yourself if I am right or not...my best advice is Speed!and if you dont know the answers, just give a number which look coherent or not just to fill the gap!

remember, you are dealing with a stupid computer, not with a human.

If the computer give points on the number of answers you give, it is still good to get free points cuz the computer know you wont be able to answer anyway ....to me the software is mainly based on speed and not on accuracy and you can see it from the begining of the test where questions are easy and suddenly become very hard (doesn't make any sens???).

Then, the doc look at the "trend" in his office. He doesn't have the answer and don't care about the answers.
He cares about the "trend" during the entire 4 hours test, and the speed you answer between each question and at the number of questions you have answered.

if you fail miserably in a test or two, it can be considered as an accident or an excercice you didnt understand very well due to stress, fatigue,....

In this case the software don't tell you if you have failed or not (no serious professional softwares exists for that), but the doctor may ask you some questions to see if it was an accident or not cuz he can see a "disformation"in the trend at exercice X.

so to resume, do the best you can based on my advice (speed), because at the end, it is the doc who decide and not the software. the software is just a tool for the doc...

Last edited by dartagnan; 9th Nov 2007 at 10:10.