PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 9th Nov 2007, 07:24
Ben_AirD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Role

Kiwi, read your post and understand your points. cheers

Elias seems you still have a few decisions to make but you’ve got the time to make them being 14. Just think long and thoroughly about them and apply yourself 100%.

Peeps - I’m very determined to join the RAF and aware you have to read between the lines on what you’re applying for. Like the majority of pilot applicants nowadays I would love to fly Typhoon as I’m aware of its capabilities etc, however I’d prefer, as a matter of my personal morals, to fly a defensive role as opposed to an offensive/strike role. Would this come across as “weak” in my interview at OASC if I said this?

To explain for some peeps who may not understand my reasoning - I’m 100% prepared to shoot another A/c down if entering British aerospace/causing a threat, but say for instance 95% comfortable with the idea of dropping bombs over the Helmand province which could entail loss of innocent civilian life.

If successful in my application I would carry out both types of role its just that little doubt in my mind about one. Are there any serving/trainee pilots/WSO’s out there who have similar thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Ben