PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most embarrassing thing to happen to you inflight...
Old 8th Nov 2007, 22:33
BaronChotzinoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just the other day we were boarding as you do (DOH!) and i was by the overwing exits to make sure i have ABP's bla bla bla... Anyway this very, VERY tall gentleman comes straight to those rows but he was walking a bit funny, like he had a disability or something. So here am i thinking "here we go again..." and said as he was sitting : "Excuse me Sir, i'm affraid you can't sit here, if you could chose any other seat?". The man bewildered asked me "Why?" and i said "Well the law is that no impaired persons can be seated in the Emergency Exit rows and i see you have a bit of trouble walking...". The gentleman just looked at me as if i have just slapped him and his entire family and then showed him the finger and stood up properly (HIS HEAD WAS TOUCHING THE CABIN'S CELLING!!!!!!!!!) ans said "But i'm perfectly fit love, i'm just walking like this so i won't bang my head against the overhead lockers"
Having hear that, all i wanted to do was to crawl under a stone and stay there for the rest of my life, i was so embarrassed
LOL - perhaps you should have done a Basil Fawlty and stuck to your guns - with appropriate mimicking of the gentleman's "silly walk" - getting yourself deeper and deeper in it ...