PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great PC mistakes that you have made <Nerd Mode>
Old 8th Nov 2007, 21:03
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just this afternoon spent around an hour and a half on the phone to btinternet call centre being talked through everything trying to get wi-fi to work on a brand new laptop that belongs to a mate.

I had to take it out of the box and get it all started up and everything as my mate is clueless and always asks me to help him with things like this.

Anyhow, setting up the wireless router from BT I spent a long time on the phone as I say trying everything, pressing the 'Internet' button along the top of the lappy a few times, no joy, pressed FN+F2 the wireless button, no joy, woman on other end really struggling now as to what to do.(she had connected to his laptop and was trying everything from her end)

Whilst I was waiting for the laptop to restart after another failed attempt I was looking again through the manual. Looked at the diagram for the front of the unit and looked right at the switch on the left underneath, Wireless On/Off.......................................