PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mobile Phones in the Cabin? Perhaps Not!
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2007, 18:25
Mark1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class does not come into it. I'm not 'riche', I'm a minion who goes economy everywhere. I get directed, not do the directing. Those fares are more expensive in that they are short notice.
The money that talks is the company who pays my fare; Cumulatively they spend rather a lot! I'm quite sure if they could have me flight contactable, they'd pay a (bit) extra, maybe change the airline preference - extrapolate that over a number of regular fliers. The point I make (possibly a little flippantly) is that there's an opportunity for the airline managers to differentiate their airline, and they are most definately not daft in doing so. I'd rather have a data connection though, more use, less noise.

Granted there's always the odd idiot such as the marketing agency exec example, however, I fail to understand those why it is so offensive to some that I might have a work conversation on the phone at a normal voice, when they would never dream of complaining should that colleague be sat next to me on the plane/train/whatever, having the same conversation.