PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2007, 12:10
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update...

Well, looks like I am now starting to fall into the trap.

March 2008 will be my 2 year point - by which I will have no way done my 12 hours. At the moment, I need 2 hours with an instructor, even before I can carry a passenger - then with March rapidly approaching, I will no way be able to fit it in. So after that, it will pretty much be a full retest, with all the usual costs.

I'll tell you the one and only sole reason why this is the case: cost.

I just haven't been able to afford the £100+ each month to do a petty hour, bimbling round Scouseport. The only positive I can gain from this at the moment, is that I still have 3 years left to reach a point in life where I can reasonably afford flying. I can't really go on talking about it because I always knew flying was expensive - but perhaps now it feels more like a tick in the box of life rather than a hobby I'd like to keep up. I've always loved the idea of a group (cracking one at Liverpool, the Chipmunk) and this would have saved me hundreds in the long run - but again, I think this is something I'll have to consider when I'm at a more financially stable point in life (I.e. old and stuck in the rat race).

Sorry - bit of a dull ranty thread to what was once an enthusiastic part of my life