PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - POST METS POSTING OF CHOICE?
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2001, 14:04
Farfrompuken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TLP,

Consier 3*. OK, you're at cartoontown, again, but you'll soon hook up with chums in 'Nam, or Oxford, and won't look back.
Sqn wise, life's good. Good characters, the average age for Co's is in the late 20s. These guys are filtering into the LHS, so the Spec Aircrew museum pieces are slowly getting fewer in numbers. Bar life is good, whenever you catch up with sqn mates, which is difficult since you're always at far-flung places round the world.
Flying's varied, with a good mix of AT/AAR tasks, and you get plenty of say as a Co, since you're acting as P1 on your legs, and plenty of string to hang yourself with when you F**k up!
It handles well (when you do pole it), and presents new challenges each trip, but the cruise is as cruises are, I'm afraid.
Its very serviceable, and capable, so it's rarely the aircraft that is the limiting factor that frustrates you (Normally Movers-but they afflict most members of the ME fraternity, I'm afraid).
Det-wise you've got ASI (AT) for that all year round tan; Bah (AAR) - v popular; and queer place, mentioned in various threads on this forum!

Finally you get shed loads of hours in a modern (yes, it is!) widebodied airliner, something handy for the future, maybe?

Good luck on METS and for your posting. More importantly, enjoy.....
And remember, wherever you end up, you'll make the most of it and have a great time.

(edited for sh!te ingerlish)

[ 31 December 2001: Message edited by: Farfrompuken ]</p>