PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK in Canada
Thread: EK in Canada
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2007, 08:25
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I respectfully disagree. The named individual was a person - not a "situation" or "example" to be cited anonymously. The very point I am trying to make is glossing over the downsides of Dubai life by attempting to depersonalize them is WRONG. To camouflage such facts in order to foster recruiting for a commercial enterprise goes beyond that - to reprehensible.

To his family and friends, this man was not a traffic statistic, he was a father and husband and friend. People considering joining EK have the right to know this sort of thing, and have it be REAL as the possibility that it is. For every one of these accidents (this is not the first!), how many close calls have YOU experienced? How many more to come?

I am familiar with the pain the surviving family is experiencing. Mentioning his name is not something that will "offend" them or cause them more pain...trust me, they maxed out on agony long ago. It is the other survivors who feel uncomfortable because it reminds them too strongly that there but for the grace of God...

If someone with mod permissions wishes to edit my post to remove the name, fine. But realize you are doing it because it offends you, not the family, and please ask yourself why.