PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Engineering Apprenticeship
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2007, 07:54
empire4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apprenticeship

blacksheep, first of all i don't know who your reliable source is but as from what i've been told by a fleet maintenance manager QF want to get rid of all customer Line maint. They have no intention of getting rid of there own. this is just used as a leveraging tool against the unions. Although the way the current ACS management think i would not be surprised if they do and they will fail in spectacular style.

For the people applying for QF apprenticeships, i have some advice. I have 2 full mech licences and my next door neighbour who installs windows monday to friday earns double what i do, so don't apply if you want to own houses!! The pay used to be good, but the industry is getting choked. QF are NOT training any lames, so if you don't want to be an ame forever,(45K) then listen to the other smart gents on here and go to a regional or virgin. from my knowledge virgin pay well. If you have a passion for aircraft then do whats in your heart. Thats what i did, however that will wear thin after a while, i know. And while all your friends are at a barbeque on new years eve or xmas day on their own balcony, your girlfriend will be out with her friends and you'll be at work. probably in the rain if you are on line, changing wheels and brakes at 2am. hope you make the right choice.