PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mobile Phones in the Cabin? Perhaps Not!
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2007, 02:48
Mark1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh deary me!

Sadly (and I wish it were otherwise), for many of us, the 'office' expects us to respond to emails, phone calls and the like pretty much any waking hour (and if you work in a different time zone, some pretty non-waking ones too). It's nothing to do with being (self)important, and has a lot more to do with the modern global economy, and your employer expecting to own your soul. It's not just airline pilots that have it bad!

I'm not eating breakfast with you; if I need to get out my laptop, crackberry or whatever.. well, I'm sorry it offends your sensibilities, but hard luck - how purile of you to get up and leave. Still, I'm not the one going hungry!

You may have been lucky enough to have a 9-5 (plus hour for lunch presumably), I am not. I'd like to be, but it's a bit like paying for type ratings... do it and have a job, or take the moral high ground and the dole.

As for the airline managers being dumb, that they are not - these 'loud mouthed idiots' will generally fly far more, far regularly, and on more expensive tickets than the pedants who are offended. As the saying goes: 'Money talks...'