PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset types in GA
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2007, 21:59
werbil

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Telex are hard to get hold of in Aus - and expensive compared to importing direct from overseas. One of the companies the Australian distributor referred me to never returned my call with a price, the other tried to talk me into the Bose. All were talking about 4 - 5 weeks lead time, and the best price I was offered was $1199 + GST + delivery.

I ended up purchasing my D50's from Aircraft Spruce in the US. I think I paid $671US about a month ago (wish I'd waited another few weeks) for the headset and the freight was about $60US (FedEx economy) which took just over a week to get to me.

Yes, the Telex Stratus D50's have the patented comfort cam - as I fly radials regularly I leave them on full tension, yet they are still very comfortable to wear. I have only ever worn DC's (including the X11's) and some of the cheapies, and none of them even comes close in terms of noise attenuation of the Telex. Even with the ANR off they perform very well - better than some of the DC's.

The D50 also has a cell phone and a separate MP3 player interface. Unlike the X11's their is no automatic mute when radio tx are received (there is a manual switch).

W

PS If you order a set from Aircraft Spruce, make sure the delivery address you use is the physical address notified to your credit card supplier. They will only deliver to that address.