PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2007, 20:47
janus627

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thereīs one problem I think Ryr does not see:

Who rents a car for a long time? (And making Hertz paying high commisions to FR?)
Who goes to a hotel for a long time? (And making Expedia paying high commissions to FR?)
Who buys expensive food on board? Using Check In at the desk? Bringing Luggage?
And who are the persons who bring FR the only (and not to less money) they earn if they have more and more free tickets to give free at all to public?

Yeah, you all know who this is. Families with children on their long trip to Spain, Sweden, Italy, Canaries and so on.

And who does NOT bring FR any money?
Daytrippers, students, even business people. In Germany we have maybe 50.000 people who just travel for fun (and one, max 2-3 days!) and making FR about 250.000 - 500.000 flights every year. They just look, how they can get the cheapest flight and they book only the flight. They are the first, they pay nothing else to FR. The same with business people = They fly in the morning to STN, DUB, NYO, BRE and further business / party / In-cities, use public transport services or have their favorite car company (business people mostly have a contract!), staying at hostels, nightclubs or at the airport and do NOTHING FR expects them to do. FR does not get any money from them, only the 0,01 EUR theyīve paid for the tix.
The problem is: But ONLY those people are the people who can use FRīs cheapest prices without any charge, any fee, any fine.

Every other person, who is forced by FRīs fees, fines and charges to use either another airline or to leave home luggage and children will bring FR loads of money, because the "standard-tourist" is the only one who takes everything he can get from one place and he is also the only one who takes a Hertz Car for 14 days and an Expedia Hotel for also 14 days.

So FR - I donīt know what the expression is in english - "bites the hand it feeds them", the persons who pay and consume a lot over their website for their non aviation business...

I hope, anyone at FR reads this and goīs straight to MOL to tell him, that his idea maybe has a problem.

Any other opinions?