PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job without type rating.
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2007, 18:44
EjetSetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why a F.I. is better than a DECadet

Hey Elbiot, its a pleasure to know that you are on your way to the wonderful world of aviation. And while there can be challenges nothing is more challenging than inept management or fellow pilots who did this for all the "glory and honor"; meaning pay.

From personell experience and drive I do not believe in SSTR programs. They along with paid line-training ruin the industry and prove to me anyway, why I should stay in the states. Will that happen? Not at all, as a USC I'd rather experience a different short-haul lifestyle then the one we Americans are accustomed to.

However I can tell you build up hours. The guys who bought their SSTR are either SJS patients or are the "glory hunters" as metioned before and are happy at their airlines but causing the European industry problems.

I can go into the why an SSTR is dumb and their's many reasons but its your choice and unlike half the pilots on PPRUNE I'm not here to bitch or moan because I'm young, like the uniform, and am happy instructing for the present. Yes its a low quality job but in the long run it allows you to choose your destiny and not be compelled by the invisible hand.

I'm assuming your an Englishmen and a suggestion I say is learn another language. Yes you are lucky in the fact that English is the native language of flight like myself but if your all about marketability another language, specifically German or French can take you somewhere.

I'd go with the F.I. for the simple fact it allows you to build hours and shop around for a airline that is a bond TR deal.

And for the SSTR people, stay with FR and U2 please.