PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military aviation quotes...
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2001, 10:40
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aspinwing, my first jet instructor gave his rather awed teenage student a variation of that same line – "In the event that we are required to eject, I will say 'eject, eject, eject!' If you hear me say the second 'eject', it will only be because I have a very long mic/tel lead."

---

The other one that comes to mind was probably apocryphal, but reputed to have happened to a trashie student who was having a very bad day. Not very much had gone right and he was more than a little rattled when after a particularly bad final landing, the instructor, taking pity on him, looked across as they taxied back to dispersal and said "Cheer up, Bloggs."

'Cheer' sounds awfully like another word you don't want associated with the word 'up' while the aircraft is on the ground, and the taxi in was terminated rather abruptly as the aircraft graunched down onto its two spinning propellers.

---

Another one that was to bring about a strict 'no unnecessary talk by ANY crewmember during the takeoff roll' amendment to Squadron SOPS was when a Herc Loadmaster, sitting right down the back of the aircraft, decided to tell the second Loadmaster – on interphone – of his purchases in ports exotique quite late in the takeoff roll. "I bought…" was about as far as he got in discussing his shopping before the captain threw the aircraft into full reverse and max braking. One of the more senior Loadies on the squadron, he took a very long time to live that one down.

[ 07 December 2001: Message edited by: Wiley ]