PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PT6
Thread: PT6
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2007, 15:55
boofhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mechanic says the E90 (and a couple others) has the capability of starting with the generator on line. Also that it has a lead-acid battery which allows for a faster recovery. So far it has worked great for me. Apart from the climb rate (and I only use 1200 Tqe so that might be a factor) it flies well, and is very quiet. I checked the pressurization system by opening the bleeds and the dump valve (had a problem with a camera door) and the crew were much perturbed by the depressurization rate. Wooses all of them. Which brings to mind another non-PT6 question: Is it necessary to set the cabin alt control down before descent? If the alt flown has been around 15,000 the cabin is already close to sea level so a descent will simply hold that and the Diff will come back to zero even if the cabin alt selector is left at the cruise level? Can the cabin alt be flown through (negative pressure)? What would be a practical minimum Torque for descent? (I have been holding around 400 or when the gear horn sounds). Any particular emergency procedure that is popular with the sim training schools?