PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B757/767 Ad in Flight International
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2007, 15:38
Eye off the ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got through the initial bit and was asked to answer a couple of questions in less than 200 words.

I sent back a 'no thanks but good luck with your venture' in much less than 200 words.

As mentioned above, poor terms & conditions, apparently no incremental pay scale, very little info on basings etc and even GROUND transportation between bases when you're required to fly out of base. On top of that, a 12% variable element which, once you've paid for Loss of licence, PHI etc, would leave a less than stunning amount towards your pension.

Pay is far from class leading, other benefits weren't mentioned and presumably desirable ones would have been.

900 hours a year etc. All in all, a poor package from an airline that would be a subsidiary of BA but without the benefits of BA. I can't imagine that BA pilots would jump for this package. I'm not sure how easily they'll get hold of the FOs they need. It is a requirement for FOs to have 500 hours previous JET command experience. I happen to have that but I can't imagine that they will be getting their door kicked in by FOs with that experience - they'll doubtless be in decent jobs already I would have thought.