PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 7th Nov 2007, 12:25
CamelhAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it truly worrying that potential pilots think that only alternative to flying is a McJob. Are the calibre of candidates that low?? Surely if want to take on the incredible responsibility of flying a jet, you have the ability to undertake something slightly more challenging than mcdonalds??
I've said it before many a time, ryr aeroplanes will fly one way or another. If people refuse to buy a job, they will be provided with a TR. Remember Boeing provide TR's free with all new aircraft, so a refusal to pay will not ground the aircraft.
And yes, we all know those already in the airline must play their part. We are trying, let me assure you. The problem is that the type of person who is willing to buy a job is not the brightest, so once in ryr they often fail to appreciate the need for a union, and having bent over once, are all to willing to do so again. Unfortunately there are enough of these types to make progress more difficult than it needs to be.