PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a LAME
Thread: Becoming a LAME
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2007, 04:20
bush mechanics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechchick,
So never Licenced
Not confident to sign out yours and others work?
Personaly alot of GA company tend to shy away from Airline trained LAMEs as they have a lot of trouble makeing decisions and fitting in to the GA envoirenment.
Their are a lot of Lames out their who struggled thru trade school but excelled on the job.
The current envoirenment dosnt leave the employer the luxury to employ only LAMEs who have had formal trade training.
I did half of my CASA exams self study and the others at a Trade school.The latter was easy as you are spoon fed the info.Working fulltime and self study is no walk in the park.
Do you worlk for "The TANK",The same school that set up a sub standard Trade school in Darwin?Rented a office space from CASA,And now useing a classroom at a local High School!!and call it a training facility!!!
I lobyed the NT government to send our apprenties! to Adelaide TAFE,Where they have a dedicated training facility with workshops and training Aids.Our apprenties are very happy now.
The new system is a joke and everyone who works in the real world cant get and answer from anyone about how it all works.Another change for the beter!!!!apparently.
Soo before you start flapping your gums about LAMEs who havent been to trade school are sub standard put your pen away and go get your hands dirty in GA and put your name to a 30year old aeroplane.