PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Bull Air Races - Pics
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 23:25
M14_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeh good point, Pitts' are tiny wee things though they could probably be stored in one piece and transported accordingly.
I have some figures actually, it costed each US Unlimited aerobatics team member, to go to the World champs at Grenada this year, US$25-30K JUST for transportation, not reassembly, or testing, or flying, and fees, accommodation...
They have been trying to get the US Air Force to allow them to charter a C5 Galaxy, as it would halve the costs for everyone by getting everyone under one roof. Apparently they have a senator on board who wants to help with this for next time....

I hadn't noticed about Ivanoff, I only check the results occasionally....Amazing though, how is that possible!!
Stock or factory 2 place Extras or S's could be the answer. My thinking was another category, similar to the T6 Havard section at Reno, a very competitive, closely fought contest.

Certainly a logistical nightmare, must be the same sort of level as Formula 1 when it comes to moving the 'circus' around the globe...