PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK in Canada
Thread: EK in Canada
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 19:20
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don,

The whole point of my post was to make the point that we as F/O's are most certainly NOT on the 'Breadline' as was previously mentioned...Indeed, 3 years ago, 27k was about what a year 1 skipper was on! I am just fed up with the negative 'spin' mate!

Yes, inflation has gone crazy, yes, the exchange rate is a killer, but if i was being totally honest, this is the first time in the last 16 years of my career that I've actually had a bit of cash left in my pocket at the end of the month, and be able to have a good lifestyle (ie out to eat at least twice a week, as opposed to twice a year in the UK!).

And mate, to say that guys (like me) who work the odd day off are the cause behind me being a 4 year F/O is absolute BS and you know it! We all know that the FATALLY floored DEC policy AND the 18 month A380 delay are the main cause.....Indeed, had I have joined on the 777, I would have had the LHS for months already (hmmmm, I wonder if any 777 F/O's work days off if in overtime?)

All that said, I will take your advice, and look at the last 12 months TAKE HOME and I will post the average out of interest. May I suggest a few other F/O's do the same, maybe from the 777 as well and over years 1,2,3. Only then will we have a true indication of what is taken home each month.