PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C-17. Is it really that good?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2001, 16:47
RoboAlbert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Well should I – probably yes.

However, sadly the throwaway line in your initial post reflects many peoples' views on the J. I therefore make no apology for throwing rocks at people who criticise it, when they speak from a position of little or no knowledge.

I really enjoy inviting people to the flight deck to show them my end of the ac and discuss its capabilities and shortfalls, and I’m the first to admit it has some. What’s really good, is that even the most vociferous J detractors seem to come away with their opinions changed or at least moderated. All I asking is for people to keep an open mind.

Unfortunately if people insist on keeping a closed mind then it seems unlikely that we will ever be able to utilise the potential of what is a very good tactical airlifter. Very soon the ac will be able to offer us capabilities like blind drop and internal aids letdowns – I only hope that RAF at large remains receptive to new ideas and has the imagination and flair to utilise the ac’s capabilities.

Your J quip added little to the meaning of your post but does help to perpetuate the sort of destructive attitude that has hamstrung the J project from day 1.

Selecting master lighting to thunderstorm – light enough?