PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on leaving CX
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 15:35
mod1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on leaving CX

I have had a few recent job offers from employers back home and I'm now considering leaving CX. SLIGHTLY less pay for SIGNIFICANTLY less stress & Bull Sh@#$T. I find it very discouraging when I speak to other F/O's that I fy with and 95% of them are either leaving, looking for work elsewhere, or regret ever joining but refuse to give up their seniority and start again somewhere else. I don't want to invest years of my life to a job that I will end up depising & regretting.

I worked very hard to get to Cathay and I really do think it's an excellent airline. Unfortunately the goal-posts seem to be moving constantly. Between; COS08, RA65, Pax DEFO, Integrated ASL, UFO "C Scales", significantly delayed commands, horrible exchange rates, the carcenogenic air in Hong Kong, uncertainty about basings, the extremely intimidating checking & "training" system, and MFL - I've grown more grey hairs in the last little while than I care to acknowledge.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to leave CX? I'm not sure who I would even give my formal notice of resignation to - any input? Also, my big concern is the housing allowance. Any advice on the best way to go about breaking the lease? Is there any way to avoid paying back the loan that CX gives you for the deposit on your flat? Is there anything else I've failed to consider?