PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mobile Phones in the Cabin? Perhaps Not!
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 15:32
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble is, Strake, it's the business class passengers, ie mostly business people, whose use of their mobiles on trains is so aggravating. They shout, for a start, and also, I suspect, for a reason.

Their conversations are designed to tell us all how terribly important they are, how much money they deal with, how very, very busy their schedules are, how many different things they can deal with all at once from a train.

And I'm sitting there saying to myself "You self-important w****r, if you were a tenth as important as you pretend you are, you wouldn't need to do all this. You sound like a delusional, incompetent control freak in a panic."

I don't really know what happens in other parts of the train. I would like to think they are more direct there and simply grab the offending phone and take the battery out. Business people are too polite, of course.

But my method of shutting them up (Post 1) works well in Business class (or First as we call it in class-conscious Britain). As it probably would in Business Class on aircraft, unless it gets me arrested as a terrorist. First Class passengers on aircraft have people to phone for them.