PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New London Heliport
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 10:24
WHBM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by SIMNLLOYD
Business men today are not allowed to spend money on expenses like before. When I say cheap hotel - It will still be of a business class standard and I bet it will be full all the time like all the ther budget hotels are now in the city.
Anyone concerned about their expenses will drop helicopter travel long before they reduce their accommodation down to budget level. By the way, we weren't profligate with our expenses "before", either.

Helicopter traffic does not need to affect fixed wing
That's not my experience of Thames Radar and City Tower.

Have you been near City airport. they are still building next to an airport and people are still buying.
Yes, we live within sound of the City runway and I am a frequent user of it. There is no development directly under its flightpath but some nearby opposition in eg Britannia Village is starting to build up as movements increase.

Also at our house we can get north-south low level heli traffic, which likes to transit overhead LCY, holding awaiting a clearance across the airport. I can assure you a heli holding overhead your house at low level is indeed a nuisance.