PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 ailerons
Thread: A380 ailerons
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 00:07
mavrik1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 380 has a newer generation technology again. The flight controls that have a low hyd fliud demand i.e. ailrons have their own hydraulic packages that have there own resivoir built in to the actuator that is linked to the control surface.
This means Airbus does not require to have any hyd lines routed to these distant locations thus saving weight, time, money, the actuator operates independant and the use of safer fliuds can be used i.e. 5606 mineral oil instead of synthetic skdrol ld-40 on these applications. If the actuator goes U/S it can be locked out and MEL applied or change component. All that will be attached to the componet is the electrical canon plug.
The 380 still has the original 3 hyd systems green, yellow, blue, which the computers will control in these configs therefore on aileron for each hyd system. For the aircrafts high fliud demand systems i.e. landing gear, the hyd sub system is the same as todays aircrafts.

Pro's:
- If one package starts leaking fliud it doesnt threaten the rest of the system.
- No hydraulic lines
- Save money on maintenance
- Safer fliud
- Less parts required.
Cons:
- system pressure 5000psi instead of 3000psi
- Mechanics have heaps more systems to top up with fliud instead of the original 3.