PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting NZ Licence to UK
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2007, 21:22
flyby_kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
152 Jockey, Check out Western Australian Aviation College. I have been giving thought to the JAR conversion for a few years now and as has been mentioned it is not cheap nor a quick process, HOWEVER the more flying experience you have the better........

If you have 3000hrs Jet + 1500pic Jet (I think over 30,000kg?) the conversion is pretty simple but thats probably a way off for you just yet......

Its not too bad either if you have an ATPL and a bit of time on turboprops in NZ. 14 exams need to be done which you can do via correspondance and make 3 trips to Perth to sit the exams and you also need to do 15hrs I/F and an IFR flight test and CPL handling test....... Because this can be done in Perth I budgeted on NZ$15k which of course involved using annual leave from work and staff travel.
Down side for me however was that I wasnt 100% sure I wanted to go over there anyway so it was alot of work and $$$ which may have been for nothing, and also there seemed to be a theme of I would need to by a 737 or a320 type rating when I got there so for the time being I will stay in the southern hemisphere.