PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 Down on Melbourne Beach
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2007, 18:15
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revolutionary
please let me explain better, I would never develop that scenario as you have described, good grief.

The check routine is simple, distract the pilot with idle chatter, while you get them to pull up to a predetermined height which you know will place them at almost zero airspeed, or better with a negative airspeed if it is to the downwind direction that you direct them. They usually will not anticipate early on that power and pedals will need CLOSE attention at that point.

Do it well away from the ground - and thus away from the close visual cues - keep talking and the pilot will, either stop listening and keep control when the machime starts to wave around or you grab it and ask why did you not keep it under control.

Very very simple, not terrifying but a bit disarming for them if they have never been into that situation before.

It should be mandated as part of "recovering from unusual attitudes or situations" prior to license issue, which is my point.

Had this pilot been through that she should never had made the mistake.

Deeper
pull your bloody head in, read the above.

It is extremely sad if the subject has not flown again simply because she developed a frightening situation only because of the prior lack of exposure to an incredibly simple routine which would have stopped immediately her entry into her situation.

It is all about anticipation and safety.

I do wish her well and hope that she may reconsider her decision and ask someone to show her the above simple routine.
tet