PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Ever Shrinking HKD...
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2007, 14:42
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oicur12
Can you explain why gold is at an all time high.
Yep inflationary concerns. People are worried things are starting to overcook in the world economy.
Can you explain why OPEC has suggested shifting the trade of oil away from USD.
OPEC like usual are chest beating, just like China regarding them selling off US$. The reality is that they have more to loose doing this than the US has.
Have you heard of Jim Rogers, do you know what he has to say about the USD. Or Soros.
Don’t get me wrong, I will always listen to what others have to say regarding currencies but at the end of the day I will always fall back on my seven years as a currency trader for one of Australias largest banks than accept as gospel someone elses opinion. Most of them are coming from a vested interest point of view. That includes me as I have positioned myself to benefit when the markets correct and they will. The US is still by far the largest economy in the world. The Chinese and the EU still don't even come close. Until the Chinese (about fifty years away) and the EU are bigger, the USD will remain the currency of choice, just as the GB£ was before it.