PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whoops - the car is out of the bag.. 2!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2007, 07:56
Bob Viking

Received 640 Likes on 181 Posts
Price of a good lunch?!

I am not a General and maybe I've wasted too much of my hard-earned cash on food during my time in the RAF but:

Sir Freddie's bills include £159.75 for a dinner to host the private secretary to Princes William and Harry; £131.91 for a dinner for the chief constable of Hampshire to enhance relations and " best working practices"; and £113.10 on a dinner with, among others, Guardian columnist Sir Max Hastings and General Sir Mike Jackson.

Sir Redmond's entertaining included £246 on a formal dinner for military and civilian personnel in Northern Ireland to encourage "unit cohesiveness" and £609 on a formal lunch to foster better relations with the community.

None of these sound like particularly outlandish sums of money for a good feed.

Are you suggesting that our Lords and Masters should be entertaining at cheaper establishments. I'm sure the foreign dignitaries would be more than chuffed with a Happy Meal or a Family Bucket from the good Colonel!

I realise the total spent sounds like a lot of cash but maybe, just maybe, there was a good reason for entertaining such people!
BV
PS, Sir, next time you're off out to lunch, can I come. I promise I'll only have a main. And one Glass of wine!