PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex suspends maryborough services too
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2007, 04:53
Icarus53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“This suspension is the result of a network review to identify the routes that have the lowest load
factors so as to inconvenience the least number of regional travellers and follows similar initiatives
that we have undertaken on the Cooma and Wagga Wagga services in New South Wales. We do
not foresee any further suspension of services but we will monitor the situation very closely,”
You've gotta love the way they try to spin things! Aside from the "poach" comment which has been met with incredulity since it was first used weeks ago, apparently Rex are cancelling routes with the lowest load factors "so as to inconvenience the least number of regional travellers" (rather than to limit revenue loss)!

I also like their use of the word "initiative" here. In my book, taking initiative would indicate some measure designed to get the organisation back on the attack. Sorry, but cancelling services simply doesn't qualify under this banner.

The last sentence could be more simply stated as "we won't cancel anything else unless we have to". Comforting. I wonder whether the other regional carriers have started to notice an influx of customers who would normally travel with Rex, but who would prefer a degree of certainty in their plans. Once that happens, watch the incipient become an unstable spin!

Two cents poorer,

Icarus