PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forstaff paying peanuts for QF management stuff up
Old 5th Nov 2007, 02:55
Talkwrench

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Its Laughable

I also have heard that the rate is $41 per hour. And remember, that’s to work a shift that attracts an average loading of around 25%. Take that out of the equation and you’re back to around $32 per hour. And that’s to work as a LAME, certifying for up to 10 AME’s that you’ve probably never met before. As a comparison, AME contractors at BNE H3 are getting $35 to $36 per hour, they don’t certify, they don’t order parts, they don’t raise paperwork, they just do their eight hours and go home. The shift is Monday to Friday, days one week, arvos the next week. Weekends off. Too easy! They also get accom and a shared car! Also, their job is just as secure as a permanent employees! The word is, their contracting agency negotiated a minimum 38 hours per week for them. The boss is too scared to stand the contractors down when work is thin because of the worry that they will find another contract and not come back. What a sweet deal. Makes $41 at Avalon for a LAME look like the joke it is. Funny thing is, when the fellow I know politely refused the offer for a position in Avalon due to $41 not being enough, the Forstaff guy said – that’s strange, you’re the first person that’s said the money is not good enough. I find that very hard to believe. Avalon will struggle to get this work done on time and on quality.