PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2007, 00:21
phanphix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Smith wrote:

"on at least two occasions, the board of inquiry has put back its report following information emerging in the media."

How on earth do you know that? Are you more intimately involved with the BOI proceedings than those involved with the Nimrod or even those that know the BOI members, or are you just speculating on this point as you do on most things? If you have hard evidence present it otherwise keep quiet.

I also read your article today and it frustrated me to the extent that I put a blog on your website which read:

"As a Nimrod engineer, I have seen the QinetiQ report. The way this newspaper article has sensationalised the matter and linked it to the loss of XV230 is shameful. The points made have all been taken completely out of context from the report especially the alleged ‘critical problem with structural integrity’ which is grossly misrepresented. The report was initiated to improve aircraft availability not from safety concerns as these were never compromised by the wing leaks in question. XV230 was one of the platforms assessed but this has no linkage to the accident whatsoever. We are working hard to make Nimrod as safe as it can be in difficult operational times and this is a challenge with difficult decisions having to be made. These articles divert valuable efforts onto unnecessary issues and distress many of the families. Jimmy Jones, ‘the so called expert’ has no credibility at Kinloss and Michael Smith is sensationalising a serious issue for his own ends. STOP NOW AND AWAIT THE BOI.

I note this blog has not been reproduced on your Times Website but I am not surprised by this!

I am sure as a result of this my first ever post onto PPrune, and it is likely to be my last, and that I will undoubtedly be vilified by some quarters on this forum. However, I too want the truth both for the families and to ensure safety of air and ground crews undertaking a difficult job. I want the families to find closure, however difficult that path may be but I do have faith in the BOI as I know the members to be men of integrity and even if they are not experts in all matters to do with accidents they are supported where they need to be.

I know PPrune is a rumour forum and clearly you can speculate on here all you want, albeit you should respect the families who have asked repeatedly for restraint. However, when that speculation extends to National reporting it both further distresses families and diverts efforts from key issues; this should stop now.