PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 4th Nov 2007, 20:39
EliasL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey

Hello guys!

Hi, as I'm new I think I'll post a little introduction!
My name is Elias I'm 14, I was born in Algeria, moved to Italy, then moved to England! Hence, the reason why I can speak 4 languages. I love aviation, I'm passionate about planes and stuff alike. I've wanted to be a pilot for really since I was 6 ( Lost it completely by 9 or 10). As a person I like to have a back up plan for everything, and I have many jobs in mind which I would like to have; but none beat the dream of flying in the RAF. I'm currently in the air cadets.

But I have a few questions..
Seeing as I moved countries a lot (as you already know) I developed some asthma which I don't think was put down in my medical records anyway, will that effect my chances of being a pilot?

I'm not the brightest star in the sky so to speak, but I'm getting average grades at least, but maths and science aren't my strong points whilst I excel at English in school. Do I have to take subjects like Maths for my A-Levels?

Also, what would be the best route for a pilot career? Either I get my GCSE's and A-Levels done and dusted and go forwards to the interview, or I go to university and study some sort of subject which isn't so mathematical such as Engineering or some sort of practical subject like that.

Thanks in advance!