PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Gulfa air to Eithad
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 17:02
2lowgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All is well here in AUH. You will see the usual hickups you would expect from a fairly new company but they do try to follow up and take care of problems. Housing still seems to be an issue. There's a shortage of company provided apartments in the city. Renting on your own is unthinkable because the rates have increased more than 100% from what they were in the GT days (and still going up). If you don't mind being isolated a little further out, you can get a brand new spacious villa (FO's included). Different story for the girls. They say they're mistreated by the rest of the cabin crew so they don't advertise where they're from. I think it has more to do with missing their friends and comfort zone in BAH. So far two GF 767 guys (one CP one FO) have finished their sim phase (A330) and will start line training soon. Rest of us will follow shortly.

I made a solid career move by going to AUH, but man I did not know I would miss my Island-with-no-beaches, this much. Bahrain rocks. I'm sure GF will pull itself up and claim it's place in the region soon. Good luck to all you all.