PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 16:52
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't for one minute expect people who post on here to have perfect English. There are many foreign crew who apply to EK and have very high standards of both written and verbal command of the English language. Correct grammar, puntuation and spelling can be difficult even for native English speakers, as i've just discovered from my own outburst.

Having read the last few pages however, with beckyr's post in particular, I was simply shocked by the lack of basic etiquette while posting. It may be acceptable on 'you tube 'or 'facebook' to correspond in that style but have you read the utter tosh that's on those forums along with the slang and bad language, most of which originates from the US and UK. These people are unlikely to have your education and to them spelling words like 'was' as 'woz' is normal. They actually don't know any better and spend all day surfing cyberspace with little better to do in their sad lives.

I am, without doubt, older than most who post on here and while i'm not that old not to possess a mobile or know how to text, I am wise enough to know when and where it's appropriate.

My post was abrupt but it's not me who's arrogant. I wish all new joiners well but find it rather rude and lazy when people, especially those with University degrees, can't be bothered to string one sentence together correctly. And with the greatest of respect, those degrees aren't worth the paper they're written on now. Everyone who starts that 5 week course start from the same line and the course is intense. Attention to detail throughout this and your flying career will serve you well. Those people who set their own high standards are in fact, as the mod says, the one in a hundred that the customers and the Company notice. Passengers can be very demanding but in twenty five years of flying, i've never heard one asking to see a University certificate.

For those on here who, like Ali_Xander, feel my post has burst their bubble, i'd strongly recommend you check your psi. Your bubble maybe somewhat over inflated and a trip to Jedda and night turnround to Mumbai during your 'suppy' will bring you down to Earth. With a bump.

Happy landings

Harry