PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 07:54
wolf_wolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Euronator,

Does "The Leadership is ONLY as good as their Support base" hold true ? I agree with most of what you say, but surely good leadership exists independantly of followership ? Doesn't good followship just make the job bucketloads more effective ? ATCs typically are a pretty skeptical and cautious bunch, but give them something of substance and credibilty, and they just might listen.

If there is, as has been said, any decent leadership already in Civilair, then where is it ? The only communication is through the Civilair website (which only a fraction of the membership even use - but to be constructive it is much better than it used to be! Well done!) with the same whining cronies, the same threads, the same handful of names as three years ago, and for sure we'll end up with the same pathetic EBA.

I don't want to say the glass is half empty, in fact for sure it's at least over half full, but there has just got to be a more "intelligent" reasoning and bargaining process if the "members" are to actually expect something in return for their fees and efforts. Personally I don't see much of a return on Civilair fees. ATCs are NOT professional negotiators, yet we expect them to fight just such a battle against a corporate behemoth that pays for this sort of Industrial service, because the return on the investment to them is huge !! This is a game of service delivery costs and customer value. Justify it to your customers, and the boss really hasn't much else to say. So show me balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, industry forecasts, global (not local) wage comparisons, insurance policies, etc.. and the rest is just academic. We can all add can't we ? One guy just left to be an accountant - bring that chap back as an 'outside' consultant () and let's get the ball rolling !!

Carry on