PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex and the Media Release
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2007, 00:42
outthere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What needs to be done ?

Hi All,

I have been reading this thread and others like it for a while now.

I know I am going to get my head chewed off for saying this. I have seen a lot of comments against the REX cadet scheme. A lot of pilots on this forum are saying that the answer is not to run the cadet scheme but keep pilots that are already employed by offering better incentives.

If there are only so many experienced pilots in the world, why do the airlines need to keep poaching from regional carriers. It seems that there is more air travel than ever which requires more pilots then ever. So the airlines obviously run out of pilots and need to recruit more. This then leaves a gap in the regionals. They need to hire more pilots but where are they going to come from. Well they poach flying instructors and pilots with experience.

So then who will the flying schools get to be flying instructors. Well we will hire our students that have qualified as flight instructors.

There seems to be a progression from student to instructor to regional to airlines. So if rex is not doing the cadet thing where are the many thousands of pilots going to come from to fly all of these new planes.

All I am trying to say is if the pilots on this forum are so unhappy with what rex is doing then instead of b*tching about it why not come up with your own solution to the problem.

Just a thought.