PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whoops - the cat is out of the bag
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 17:16
The Helpful Stacker

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
samuraimatt - As it happens I took pride in my uniform and turning up for work so pissed that I couldn't work would not have been very professional. Of course I drank in the RAF but I either knew when to stop if it was a school night or I took the next day off.

I have mentioned on many occasions the fact that colleagues or folk in other sections have been drunk on duty but usually all that happens is they're sent back to their room/home to sleep it off, hardly the correct course of action for dealing with someone who is unfit for duty. Even when I've pushed J1 on possible action against individuals I've been told to let it drop as "otherwise where would we stop"?

As I touched on in my first post my main annoyance is the inconsistencies between dealing with drug use and dealing with alcohol abuse. Many thousands are spent to catch a very small amount of folk who use recreational drugs yet almost no heed is paid to the far larger amount of people who work under the influence of that nice, legal, taxable drug that is alcohol.