PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew a Good Career Choice?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 08:07
smiler23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Crew - What's it really like?

Looking for some advice please ...

In the back of my mind I've always wanted to be a member of cabin crew. Tried with a major airline years ago, 4 years runnning, each year getting through all the stages of interview but unfortunately receiving that awful letter of rejection

I currently have a very good office job, with great salary and benefits.
Have a place on an assessment day with a major airline very soon.
My family are all saying go for the interview but you won't like it, constantly flying, it will be boring, vast salary drop, body clock being constantly messed up, etc, etc, Plus I've had a DVT.

The reasons I want to fly are because it's not the daily 9-5 routine, you work with lots of different people, and every day is different. I know I can call the airline before my assessment day and ask what the chances are of being accepted, if I am successful on the day, and then go on to have a medical, and they find out about my DVT. Obviously DVTs are from sitting without moving, which I wouldn't be doing.

For those of you that are cabin crew, I guess what I'm asking is, is it a job you really love? Do you have any regrets? I know only I can decide, but would just be good to know from some of you that may have had good office jobs with good salaries and have made the move.
Many thanks.